[Asterisk-Users] Mission-Critical Deployments

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Nov 17 16:18:47 MST 2005

C F wrote:

> This is exactly what I disagree with. The BT101's are not worth
> *anything* even if you pay me to take them I will *never* install them
> for a client. They need babysitting, rebooting, terrible sound
> quality, and are very not userfriendly. Going the analog way (vs
> BT101) is not close pricewise it is a *lot* cheaper, since it works.
> The BT101's don't, it creates tooooooooooooo much trouble for any
> office to deal with.

We've got a couple dozen BT-101s deployed in an office environment.  No
babysitting, no complaints from users, no rebooting.  Their sound
quality isn't the same as a Cisco 7920, but neither is their price. . .

In other words, folks, YMMV.

I say it's worth a person's while to invest a bit in a prototype lab,
and that way you can form your own opinions and not have to rely on the
often-conflicting opinions of others. .

B.