[Asterisk-Users] newbie questions

Fred Blaise fblaise at jaolin.net
Thu Nov 17 15:54:23 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:48 -0600, Chris Wade wrote:
> janvb at caselaboratories.com wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> >> My second question: for a branch office of about 20 people, which E1
> >> card do you advise? Would the TE210P be a good choice? (number of
> >> concurrent calls would be max 10 for now) Why?
> >>

> > An E1 has 30 lines, so you would be perfect with a TE110P. Connecting an
> > E1 to a company PABX is however an expensiveoption, so you might want to
> > compare the prices with 10 analogue lines or maybe 5 BRI lines. I would
> > not  let the price of hardware decide this because  you  will need to
> > pay a fixed cost per month for PSTN lines, so check these prices first.
> > Asterisk is scalable in the sence that you can add more later if you
> > have an available PCI slot.
>
> Even though they don't appear to be shipping yet, don't forget the
> TDM2400P's from Digium.  Up to 24 FXO or FXS ports per full length PCI card.
ok. So, with this in mind, if I was to acquire that 24 ports, 1 FXO
modules, the rest FSX modules. I could have 1 public telephone number to
the PSTN (3 wasted for this example), 20 analog phones inside the
company's branch, each phone having its extension in Asterisk? Or could
I have just the smaller card allowing me 1 FSO and 3 FSX and some kind
of "hub" to connect some number of analog phones (let's say 20)? If so,
does the number of FXS limit the number of my simultaneous telephone
calls?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but your answers are highly appreciated.