[Asterisk-Users] Mission-Critical Deployments

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:27:08 MST 2005

On 11/17/05, pdhales at optusnet.com.au <pdhales at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> [...]

I disagree with PaulH on this one. Cheap IP phones makes for *cheap*
phone, cheap sound, and cheap features. The cheapest IP phone you can
get will come to around $60.00 USD, which multiplied by 150 makes
$9,000.00. While a channel bank (ADIT 600) with 6 FXS cards (48 ports)
runs around $1200.00 multiplied by 3 (3 * 48 = 144 the closest I can
get without overbuying) makes for $3600.00, each QuadT1 card runs
around $1,500.00 or $2,500.00 with echo can, multiplied by 2 makes
$5,000.00 at the most, Total = $8,600.00 at the most, and you already
have the phones, and I'm telling you that it will be cheaper. Also,
you might have to rerun wiring for VoIP, beside the fact that for
cheap VoIP phones you don't get POE, which also means you need outlets
where you are going to put phones, as well as in featurewise; you can
do much more in the DP with ananlog phones (or VoIP since it's in the
DP), then *any* VoIP phone under $100.00 can do without the DP, and
even a Cisco or Polycom cannot do much without some fancy programming
from the phone itself with no DP.