[Asterisk-Users] Re: stop asterisk when Idle

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Thu Nov 17 12:54:17 MST 2005

"If, on the other side, asterisk continue accepting incoming call, how can I
be sure that I wll reach a "convenient" moment ?"

If you are not sure if it will even reach a convenient moment, you will also
not get a chance to run "stop now".

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.
---    -      ---  - - -       -    -     -   -   --  - - - --- - ------   -
 - --- - - -- -  -    - --   -   -    -
<asterisk at frameweb.it> wrote in message
news:OFEA3331DD.9B6CF4D1-ONC12570BC.0047BCC8-C12570BC.00487011 at frameweb.it...
Yes you are right;
I was considering       asterisk -rx "stop when convenient" (remember I
have to shutdown the box).

But the poit is: I don't know what exactly this command does !!
Does it stop accepting new calls ? If it is right, then I can stay for
several hours (let's say I have 100 calls running, and one of them will
continue for 5 hours)
for 5 hours no one will be able to place a new call ?
If, on the other side, asterisk continue accepting incoming call, how can I
be sure that I wll reach a "convenient" moment ?

So this is not the solution for me

I think that I will issue a asterisk -rx "stop now", then I will check for
the pidof asterisk and when I will not found
it anymore I will reboot the pc. Of course, running calls will be
dropped....

But I found some situations that, after several millions of calls seconds,
need to reboot the box and not only restart asterisk.

thank you,
Andrea

             "Anton Krall"
             <akrall-lists at int
             ruder.com.mx>                                              To
             Sent by:                  "'Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion'"
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             17/11/2005 11.36          RE: [Asterisk-Users] stop asterisk
                                       when Idle

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -