[Asterisk-Users] Re: 1.2 chan_modem not installing?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Nov 17 14:39:16 MST 2005

> > Try noload'ing all the chan_modem* modules as well
> >
> > noload => chan_modem.so
> > noload => chan_modem_i4l.so
> > noload => chan_modem_bestdata.so
> > noload => chan_modem_aopen.so
>
> Or even better, pay close attention to the message at the end of 'make
> install' that warns you that leaving those modules in place in
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules will likely cause problems.
>
> If the modules are not left there, then the 'noload' lines are not
> necessary.

Actually, that _is_ what got me in trouble. The warning at the end of
make install was my hint to delete those files, and when I did, I could
not restart *. I then noloaded chan_modem.so and had the same problem.

So, uncommented the makefile entries and built/installed the files, then
asterisk would start correctly.

Noloading each of the four files shown above was the only thing that
corrected it for me.

The way these particular files were handled is different then in previous
cvs-head changes, where essentially deleting the files was the expected
action.

Rich