[Asterisk-Users] HFC ISDN card and mISDN driver

Hamish Whittal hamish at QEDux.co.za
Thu Nov 17 14:13:52 MST 2005

Hi Folks,

I am fighting with my ISDN HFC card to get the necessary compiled and
working.

I am running Ubuntu Breezy, kernel 2.6.14 (self compiled).

Based upon posts on the local VoIP site (www.voipinfo.co.za) and
www.voip-info.org, it seems that I should get Jolly's mISDN driver for
these cards. Got it. Also got the ones from cvs at isdn4linux. Using
Jolly's, I am not able to re-compile the kernel. It stops with the
following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.14'
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CC [M]  drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.o
drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.c: In function ‘fritzpci_probe’:
drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.c:1332: error: ‘struct pci_dev’
has no member named ‘slot_name’
make[5]: *** [drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN] Error 2
make[3]: *** [drivers/isdn/hardware] Error 2
make[2]: *** [drivers/isdn] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.14'
make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2

I will try the cvs stuff tomorrow AM.

Then there's the question of whether to install the zaphfc stuff
(bristuff). I noted that to get this installed one needs to install
libpri - why? Surely we are not doing a pri install, but a bri install.

I am mightly confused at the mo. Perhaps someone who has done this can
just summarise what all these bits are and what I should install.

Thanks in advance,

Hamish