[Asterisk-Users] Sound Choppy

Brian M. Arlinghaus asterisk at brianarlinghaus.com
Thu Nov 17 13:57:35 MST 2005

Is your Digium card sharing an IRQ with anything else?

Use the   lspci -vb  command to show which device is using which IRQ.  If,
for example, a network card is using the same one as the Digium card, you
will quite possibly get choppy sound and echo.

You can usually change IRQs in the BIOS setup.  In some cases, you may have
to disable built-in hardware.  I, for example, have a Dell PowerEdge 2850
with two built-in Intel NICs.  I have had to disable both NICs and the USB
controller and install another NIC in a PCI slot so that my two Digium cards
are not sharing any IRQs.

Regards,
Brian