[Asterisk-Users] IAXmodem

Lee Archer lee.archer at pentagon-systems.com
Thu Nov 17 08:39:03 MST 2005

I have in my iax cfg files...

[root at dev-pbx1 asterisk]# more iax.conf
[general]
bindport = 4569           ; Port to bind to (IAX is 4569)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
mailboxdetail=yes

#include iax_additional.conf
#include iax_custom.conf

[root at dev-pbx1 asterisk]#
[root at dev-pbx1 asterisk]# more iax_additional.conf
[601]
username=601
type=peer
secret=password
record_out=Never
record_in=Never
qualify=500
port=4569
notransfer=yes
mailbox=601 at device
host=dynamic
context=from-internal
callerid=device <601>

Am I incorrect to create it as an extension within asterisk?

Regards

Lee