[Asterisk-Users] IAXmodem

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Thu Nov 17 07:58:00 MST 2005

Lee Archer wrote:

> Hi, I wonder if you can give me some pointers please.  I have hylafax
> running, I've tested it with a modem off the serial port so I know the
> install does work, and I've installed IAXmodem to be able to fax out
> via asterisk.  I've set everything up as in the README that comes with
> IAXmodem but im not getting the faxes sent.  I can see hylafax sending
> to the IAXmodem but at this point something isn't working and I'm getting
>
> Rx-Frame Retry[ No] -- OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 001 Type: IAX     Subclass:
> REJECT
>    Timestamp: 00007ms  SCall: 00004  DCall: 29764 [172.16.5.137:4569]
>    CAUSE           : No authority found
>    Unknown IE 042  : Present
>
> in the iax log and no dialtone in the hylafax log.
>
> The IAXmodem is setup in my asterisk as an IAX2 extension.

The "no dialtone" response from IAXmodem indicates that iaxmodem is not
able to register with Asterisk.  Double-check that you have entries in
iax.conf for IAXmodem and that you've reloaded Asterisk.

The IAX-REJECT "No authority found" also seems to indicate that the
entries in iax.conf do not exist.

Lee.