[Asterisk-Users] Suggestions for tunning SJphone with Asterisk?

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Thu Nov 17 07:14:53 MST 2005

Hi,

I am having voice quality problems with SJPhone under certain
conditions. Setup is Fedora 4 with Asterisk 1.2rc2 and Digium TDM 400P
(2FXO's and 2 FXS's).

SJPhone => outside line => echo's, scratchy
ZyXel P2000WV2 => outside line => clear as a bell

SJPhone => recording voice mail => clear as a bell
ZyXel P2000WV2 => recording voice mail => clear as a bell

SJPhone => picking up voice mail => clear as a bell
ZyXel P2000WV2 => picking up voice mail => clear as a bell

SJPhone => to any voice mail (connected remotely via VPN to network
containing Asterisk) => clear as a bell

SJPhone => 3 way conference with Meet me => echo's, scratchy
ZyXel P2000WV2 => 3 way conference with Meet me => unsure since
conference was with 2 SJPhones

SJphone => internal extension => echo's, scratchy
ZyXel P2000WV2 => internal extension => unsure since talking with SJPhone

**********************************
Here is my 'sip.conf'

general]
context=default