[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk 1.2 Released!

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Thu Nov 17 06:55:30 MST 2005

Asterisk Development Team <asteriskteam at digium.com> wrote:

>We are proud to announce that Asterisk 1.2.0 has been released!

That is great.  I might get a chance to try it out later today.

>(Note: for a short time, a tarball of Asterisk 1.2.0 was present on the
>FTP servers with a build problem related to the chan_modem drivers; this
>has been corrected, and if you downloaded the new version before
>receiving this announcement, please re-download to ensure you have the
>proper version.)

Just a configuration management note.  The normal (and safe) practice
would be to make the second copy 1.2.1.  Once 1.2.0 has been released,
you can't change it.  It is done.  Calling the second copy 1.2.1 would
have eliminated any possibility of confusion.

Doug
--
Doug Meredith (doug.meredith at systemguard.com)
SystemGuard - Oracle remote support