[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi fails when Asterisk doesn't start under root user

Amaury BOSSE a.bosse at courantmultimedia.fr
Thu Nov 17 04:26:35 MST 2005

I have a problem with chan_capi-cm-0.6.1.

It works when I start * directly from the command line with "asterisk
-vvvgc", but not when I use "/etc/init.d/asterisk" script.

I have the log bellow in /var/log/asterisk/messages :

Nov 17 11:26:43 WARNING[5337]: CAPI not installed, CAPI disabled!

Nov 17 11:26:43 WARNING[5337]: chan_capi.so: load_module failed, returning
-1

Nov 17 11:26:43 WARNING[5337]: Loading module chan_capi.so failed!

I have changed parameters in the starting script in order to start * as root
instead of as asterisk and It seems to works.

Is someone already had this problem or knows where does it come from.

I have search the web to find answers but without results.

Thanks