[Asterisk-Users] IAX offline Voicemail

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Thu Nov 17 03:28:30 MST 2005

Let me see if I got that right.

When an iax user is online, the phone rings and if not picked up, then it
goes to voicemail.

But if the iax user is not online, you get an unknown extension error?

If so, the problem and solution is on your dialplan, I suggest before doing
the DIAL on your dialplan to do a check for the extension and also maybe a
sanity check by doing a mailbox exists check, if so, then check is the
extension is online, if so, dial, if not, check if it has a voicemail box,
if so, go to it, if not, play unknown extension error.

I have some code around here that does something similar if you get into
trouble.

Let me know...