[Asterisk-Users] AGI Dial command return status

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Thu Nov 17 02:10:07 MST 2005

Hi all,

I've written a billing application with AsteriskJava (a great
package!!!) but I'm having a problem with identifying the call status
(call completed, fail, etc) - kind of important for billing.

My problem is that is seems like the return code from the "exec("DIAL")"
command tells me if either party hangs up (a -1 return code) or if the
something else (like a call that didn't get through - no answer, etc)
and that is any other return code rather than -1.
This is not a good way to try to log calls for billing purposes because
1) the DIAL command will return -1 if the calling party hits their
hangup button before a call gets through and 2) there is no way to know
the "real" connection time - only the time when the DIAL command starts
and when the return code comes in.

Does anyone know if there is a way to handling billing properly with AGI
or is the only way to do it to also incorporate the Manager API too?

Thanks,

Derek

--
Derek Conniffe