[Asterisk-Users] hold problem w/ GXP-2000 1.01.12

Health Masters techsupport at progressivehomehealth.com
Wed Nov 16 19:04:59 MST 2005

We currently use the Grandstream GXP-2000 for our sip phones. Today we
upgraded our firmware to 1.01.12, it fixed allot of echo issues
especially on speaker. We found that after the upgraded that internal
users that put other internal users on hold are unable to regain the
call. In order to repick up the call the initiating user has to pick up
the far user off of hold and be placed on hold by the far user. We have
tested many times and this is the only way to regain the call. I dont
know if it matters but when the original user places the far user on
hold the music does not play and will only play when the second instance
of hold is done. Very strange any Ideas ? Any calls originating outside
of the sip network can be placed on hold with out problem,would this
have anything to do with zap versus sip? Also on the display when first
put on hold you can see that the call changes from pcmu to gsm then when
taken off hold goes to G.### until the other person has put you on hold
and picked you up does it go back to pcmu.

Thanks