[Asterisk-Users] TDM04b on FreeBSD

Alejandro Mejia Evertsz amejia at gua.net
Wed Nov 16 15:58:46 MST 2005

Hi list!

I successfully installed a Digium TDM04B card on FreeBSD 5.4 using zaptel
drivers for FreeBSD (installed with ports).
I'm using Asterisk CVS-Head and the card works fine, but when placing or
recieving a call on any of the 4 fxo ports, users hear (both sides) a
"clicking" noise.
I also have a Wildcard X100P installed, and uses the same configuration (on
zapata.conf) but that card doesn't make that strange noise during
conversations.

Bellow, my zapata.conf (in case I'm doing something wrong) so you can
suggest any changes or correct my mistakes.

===========zapata.conf============
[channels]
;
context=default
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

immediate=yes
busydetect=yes
busycount=4

jitterbuffers=4

group=0
channel => 1

group=1
channel => 2

group=2
channel => 3

group=3
channel => 4

group=4
channel => 5

Explanation:
Channel 1 => Wildcard
Channels 2-5 => TDM04b

Please let me know if someone had this problem before me, and what you did
to correct it.
I don't know what else to try.

Thank you all.

Alejandro Mejia