[Asterisk-Users] Aastra 9133i registration errors

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Nov 16 13:17:26 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have a pair of new Aastra 9133i phones here that I'm testing for
receptionist duty at a couple of places next week and they don't seem to be
registering with * correctly.

I've set the phone up with the following entries in the appropriate tftp
config file:
sip line1 auth name: 205
sip line1 password:
sip line1 user name: 205
sip line1 display name: 205
sip line1 screen name: "Chris"
sip proxy ip: sip.minotaur.cc
sip proxy port: 5060
sip registrar ip: sip.minotaur.cc
sip registrar port: 5060

The error I'm getting in asterisk's console log is:
NOTICE[8801]: chan_sip.c:9835 handle_request_register: Registration from 'No
User <sip:No%20User at sip.minotaur.cc:5060>' failed for '10.10.1.251' - Wrong
password

However, the phone seems to be able to make and receive calls without any
difficulty, and the phone appears correctly on a "sip show peers". It seems
to be purely cosmetic, but I'd love to know why the error's there.

My first thought was that I probably don't need both sip proxy and sip
registrar configured in the tftp config file, but I don't fully understand
the difference between them in Aastra-speak (or which one * should be
under).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris