[Asterisk-Users] Dialing out with FXO

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Wed Nov 16 07:14:33 MST 2005

FXO ports are an interface between your system and a phone carrier. FXS
ports are an interface between your system and a phone station (or
handset).

You can send outbound calls on an FXO port as well as receive them.

To dial on the TDM card you would dial : DIAL(Zap/g1/${number}) or
Dial(Zap/1/${number} depending on how you have configured your card.