[Asterisk-Users] dell and digium hardware

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 07:08:48 MST 2005

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I read in the archive a lot of problems using the Dell 1850 servers
> and digium TE4xxP and TE2xxP hardware. I wonder if ever anybody has
> tried the Dell Poweredge 850 series and can report some experiences?
>
> btw: Does somebody knows why there are problems with 1850 but not with
> 2850 (digium recommends the 2850 for their Business Edition)? AFAIK
> both have the same chipset and both use Intel onboard NICs.
>
> Thank's for any hints.
> Regards
> Klaus

We are using a PE 830 at a customer site (single port T1 and TDM10B [for
fax machine]).  I have had no problems.  The only thing I did was use a
pci nic and disabled the on-board ethernet.  I never tried the on-board,
so don't know if it would have caused problems.  I just saw a note on
Digium's site regarding this (but not for this particular model), and
went ahead and got an pci nic.

I saw a posting once that indicated that Dell's eighth generation
hardware (800's, 1800's, 2800's) don't have problems w/ Digium cards
like the 7th gen did (700's, etc).  Don't know if this is true, but we
went ahead and tried the 830 and have been happy so far.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Optimacy Communications, LLC