[Asterisk-Users] Using RxFAX and TxFAX together

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo at comellas.com.ar
Wed Nov 16 06:53:41 MST 2005

I don't understand exactly what you're telling me, but I'm currently using
TxFAX with an already generated TIFF file to send a fax to another machine
that uses RxFAX to receive it. RxFAX and TxFAX are not running on the same
machine. The only strange thing is that I'm using a SIP connection using the
G.711u (ulaw) codec between both machines inside a LAN.

On Tue November 15 2005 23:19, George Vagenas wrote:
> Juan Jose Comellas wrote:
> > Has anybody ever used the TxFAX application to send a fax to RxFAX on
> > another Asterisk installation. I'm trying to do just that and both apps
> > remain blocked in the ast_waitfor_nandfds() function without transmitting
> > anything. I am calling TxFAX with the 'caller' parameter.
> >
> > What is strange is that both apps block on a call to ast_waitfor() with a
> > inifinite timeout. I've seen this in several other places in Asterisk and
> > these calls are normally the source of hung channels. Is this correct?
>
> As far as i know connecting rxfax to txfax, doesn't work. Why don't you
> save first and then send?

Juan Jose Comellas
(juanjo at comellas.com.ar)