[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk @ Home password recovery

David Uzzell asterisk-list at uzzell.com.au
Wed Nov 16 03:56:27 MST 2005

kchase wrote:
> the password to login into asterisk

If you still have the SSH password you can log into the box and change
the maint password.

[root at asterisk1 ~]# help-aah

Asterisk at Home - HELP

Commands                Descriptions
config                  set the local time zone and keyboard type
netconfig               configure ethernet interface
genzaptelconf           autoconfig Zaptel cards
bundle-crm              packup CRM to run on another box
restore-aah             restore from a backup
install-AVMB1ISDN       install support for AVB B1 ISDN card
install-EiconDiva       install support for Eicon Diva ISDN card
install-pdf             installs support for emailing PDFs of faxes
passwd-maint            set master password for web GUI
passwd-amp              set password for amp only
passwd-meetme           set password for Web MeetMe only
passwd                  set root password for console login
passwd admin            set admin password for checking system mail
setup-cisco             create a SIPDefault.cnf in /tftpboot
setup-dhcp              set up a dhcp server
rebuild_zaptel          rebuild zaptel driver after kernel update
asterisk -r             Asterisk CLI
yum -y update           Get latest patches for CentOS

You would run
passwd-maint

Hope that helps.

David