[Asterisk-Users] g729 status in New Zealand

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Nov 16 01:44:45 MST 2005

> The question is really un-important for this list, it is ONLY
> important
> between the person who thinks that they can use the g729
> codec ignoring
> the patent or considering that it is not legally enforcable
> for them and
> their lawyer who will give them concise information about the legal
> situation in their jurisdiction.

No, I don't think that's the case at all. I for one (and I'd imagine many
other list members around the world) would be very interested if there were
to be an informed discussion about which countries' legal systems
would/could enforce the patent and which countries won't/can't.

If the OP who asked about the patent's enforcability in NZ were to seek
legal advice in his jurisdiction and post that info back to the list then I
would think that would be valuable info to fellow asterisk users in his
country.

Regards,

Chris