[Asterisk-Users] RE: "open" asterisk?

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Tue Nov 15 21:17:47 MST 2005

I wouldn't believe 10mil/yr.   Maybe if they had other non-asterisk
products, but that just does not seem reasonable if you look at asterisk
at this stage.  Besides, are they a public company? Are they required to
report to the SEC?  That makes a big difference.  I mean realistically,
a 900 dollar software product or less than 10k hardware product needs a
lot of sales to hit around 10mil.  And the tech support would have
enourmous overhead.

But if digium is also doing custom ivr's and such, you can easily do a
few million there, however you have to have well over 100 employees.

Oh unrelated, I have talked to people who tend to hype up their company.
I feel it is bad business, but have heard people saying 'yes I will hit
5 million this year, and have no loss'.  Later, I have seen them go
under.

Greg