[Asterisk-Users] Problem with call drops

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Tue Nov 15 20:12:51 MST 2005

What kind of switches?  I would suggest go gigabit between your servers,
their switch, and the call center floor.  And, use managed switches if
you are over 20 total stations.  Could be someone's got a p2p and it is
killing you.  Maybe unlikely, but quite possible.  Use some good 3com
switches too, and totally avoid hub and daisy chaining.  Or get a
managed switch with expansion switches if you are running a large number
of ports.  Either way, a single cable drop is a very bad idea.  You get
a snagged cable or something and you can be out of business because of a
stupid cable.

Regards,
Greg