[Asterisk-Users] 2 SIP phones on Y data connector on 1 ethernet

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Tue Nov 15 19:46:07 MST 2005

 Unless, if this is what you mean, can you use one cat5 wire to run two
home runs?  There are these adaptors that allow two signals by
merging/splitting 1&2,3&6 as the first feed, and 3&4,7&8 as the second.
This would work, but don't plan on going gigabit.  Personally I prefer a
hub or switch, but in some cases you cannot do this.  Also POE is out of
the question on such a setup.

Greg