[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hobby box

Logan loganb at solitarygeek.com
Tue Nov 15 19:29:46 MST 2005

Philip Edelbrock wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Logan wrote:
>

>> As stupid as this may seem ::cough::, how do you test to see if
>> there is voltage on the phone port? Would you plug in a phone that
>> doesn't require a AC power and runs off the voltage from the phone
>> line?
>>
>> Thanks though... ^_^
>> Logan.
>

> I was thinking volt meter, but actually I like your idea of just
> jacking in a phone and seeing if push-button tones and stuff work,
> with and without the line-side being plugged in.
>

> Phil

It worked, thank goodness. But does that mean it'll work... I just
looked on the Asterisk-Users message list and for some reason Tom Rymes
messages.

Office Depot replacement for when my original was struck by lightning.
As I had said, I'm really not wanting to spend any money. It's not
important that I get Asterisk up and running. Allow me to repeat, it's
only a hobby box. But you're welcome to give me one... ;)

Thanks.
Logan.