[Asterisk-Users] help and guidance needed from gurus

Samy Antoun samyantoun at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 18:55:40 MST 2005

Amir,

> 1. What hardware do I need for the server to accept incoming and
> outgoing analog calls.
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=product_detail&category=hardware&product=TDM400P
With at least one FXO module

> 2. What books, guides or companies or individuals can help me >setup.
a- http://sourceforge.net/projects/asteriskathome/ (heighly
recommended)
b- http://www.voip-info.org
c- This List

> 3. I need scalable hardware.
If by hardware you mean VOIP hardware, take a look at
http://www.digium.com

> 4. What do I need in terms of technology and hardware to route >calls
internationally.
You need to specify the location of the three elements:
a- Asterisk Server
b- Clients
c- Trunks
for example:
Asterisk Server Located at Japan, has some BroadVoice trunks from the
US, Serving 10 Software Clients (xten) located at South Africa

In case of Analog Trunks, Asterisk server has to be in the same
location as the trunk

If you need further help, please email me off the list