[Asterisk-Users] g729 status in New Zealand

janvb at caselaboratories.com janvb at caselaboratories.com
Tue Nov 15 16:10:50 MST 2005

Yes. The G.729.x source code (in C) can be downloaded for free from
ITU-T as the spec actually are in C code. But, even if you use this raw,
non-tuned version you will need to pay a license fee to ITU-T per channel.

The same for G.723.x

The version that Digium offer is optimized, meaning that they have done
basic improvments on the c-code to be able to run more channels. This is
however very basic stuff.

Jan