[Asterisk-Users] Re: Editing Asterisk config files with WORD Pad

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Nov 15 14:30:37 MST 2005

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 12:57 -0700, Colin Anderson wrote:
>

>>* I like edlin cause its old school :P
>>
>>copy con extensions.conf ^z
>>
>>Better not screw up!
>>

>"command not found" :P

Get modern!

Just set up an email-based template system like the one I have to use to
change records at ARIN:

Template: ARIN-ORG-SIMPLE-3.2.3
**                        As of June 2005                           **
**                                                                  **
**     Enter all information to the right of the colon (:).         **
**                                                                  **
**    DO NOT modify the format of this template in any way.         **
**                                                                  **

1. ** REQUIRED. Specify N for New, M for Modify, or R for Remove.
Registration Action:M

2. ** REQUIRED FOR MODIFY OR REMOVE. Enter organization ID. Must be
   ** blank for new.
Org ID:ACMEWI-44

3. ** REQUIRED FOR NEW. Enter your organization name, using no more
   ** than 150 characters.
Org Name:Acme Widgets

and so on .....