[Asterisk-Users] g.729 pass thru mode

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Nov 15 13:33:38 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 21:30 +0200, Zoa wrote:
> Unless you want to monitor a call, or use voicemail, or use meetme that is.
>
> My suggestion is, give 10$ to digium, buy a license and avoid all problems

That only works for 1 channel though.  You have to pay $10 per channel
that you want, and if you want to have a call go through asterisk where
both end points are g.729 you need to licenses, one to asterisk and one
from it.  This can be a lot more costly if that is the only use for it.

If however you want to be an end point or process data somehow in the
middle (such as monitor) then you need to buy licenses to legally use
that codec in some countries (others its questionable and others still
its not required).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378