[Asterisk-Users] Using variables for context names

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Tue Nov 15 11:17:46 MST 2005

Hello,

How can I use variables for a whole .conf dialplan file (that is called from
extensions.conf by using an #include).  My situation is that I want to use
the variable for the context-name too.

Example:
VARIABLE_FOO=string

;this is context string-test
[${VARIABLE_FOO}-test]

exten => 1,1,Noop(${VARIABLE_FOO})

Is this even possible?  I want to do this only to help me in coding
different but similar .conf files.  For example, all my customers have the
same dialplan exept for a few changes, and that is reflect by simply
changing the variable (instead of parsing through the dialplan changing a
number of things).  This allows me to have one .conf file for each customer,
making it easier to manage (IMO)

Michael Gaudette