[Asterisk-Users] Can't start * with chan_capi.so

Amaury BOSSE a.bosse at courantmultimedia.fr
Tue Nov 15 11:08:42 MST 2005

Hi list,

I am trying to install an AVM Fritz Card USB v2.1 on my * box.

I think I have successfully installed capi and modem modules because
capiinfo returns information about the modem.

I use chan_capi-cm-0.6 but Asterisk refuses to start since I have add
"load=>chan_capi.so" to modules.conf.

I have started * with asterisk -vvvvvgc and you can see the tail of the
output below :

..

[chan_capi.so] => (Common ISDN API for Asterisk)

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/capi.conf': Found

Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!

  == This box has 1 capi controller(s).

    -- CAPI/contr1 supports DTMF

    -- CAPI/contr1 supports supplementary services

       > supplementary services : 0x000003ff

       > HOLD/RETRIEVE

       > TERMINAL PORTABILITY

       > ECT

       > 3PTY

       > CF

       > CD

       > MCID

       > CCBS

       > MWI

       > CCNR

Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!

Illegal instruction (core dumped)

homebuilding:/etc/asterisk# Ouch ... error while writing audio data: :
Broken pipe

Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Does anyone have an idea about why it fails?

Thanks

Amaury