[Asterisk-Users] Editing Asterisk config files with WORD Pad

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Tue Nov 15 09:19:24 MST 2005

Hi,

I have tried editing some Asterisk config files (ie sip.conf) in MS Word
Pad and I have saved the files as 'Unicode Text Document' with quotes
around the full file name => "sip.conf" and then uploaded the files to a
Linux server using FileZilla. When I do this the config files fail to
work. Although I am somewhat proficient at using 'vi' I find it easier
to cut and paste with Word Pad (I know I can cut and paste with 'vi'...
). Is this possible to do or am I all wet...

Thanks