[Asterisk-Users] Problem: Can't make outgoing call

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Tue Nov 15 08:44:18 MST 2005

Hello

I'm having trouble since I recently upgraded to Asterisk 1.2.x.

I have a Sipura SPA3000 which is registered to my asterisk server.
It can receive VoIP call perfectly, but can't make call.

In the Asterisk SIP debug I see things like:
"SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required"

Googling gave me some clues, and I found that by removing the
"secret=xxxx" in sip.conf and leaving blank the password field on the
sipura configuration page, actually allowed me to make calls just fine.

Obviously, I do not want to leave in place a SIP client that connects
without any password !
Any idea on why I would be able to make calls if their no password
needed, but as soon as I put a password then it fails ?

Is this an issue with Asterisk 1.2 ?

Regards
Jean-Yves

---