[Asterisk-Users] Restore Asterisk log files after deleting...

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Tue Nov 15 08:26:51 MST 2005

Hi,

I did something stupid - I deleted the Asterisk log files instead of
copying empty information into the file (I know dumb) to clear out the
data. I recreated the files with the same rights as before (644) using
the asterisk user and group but asterisk does not appear to recognize
them. Is there a way to get asterisk to use /var/log/asterisk/full and
/var/log/asterisk/messages again... I restarted the server and Asterisk
but nothing appears in the logs even though several SIP devices have
logged in etc. (I know this as I was running the Asterisk console).

Thanks