[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hobby box

Tom Rymes trymes at cascadelinksystems.com
Tue Nov 15 08:11:38 MST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:30 AM, Dmitry Ivanov wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 06:26, loganb at solitarygeek.com wrote:
>> Hi. I'm setting up an Asterisk hobby box for me to play around with.
>> Is it possible to use a regular 56k modem and a regular home phone
>> for it?
>
> Yes, but forget G.711.
>
> BTW, some SIP-phones have built-in modem :)

Unless I'm mistaken, this is not true. Some modems will work, but
they are extremely rare. Your average USR/Rockwell/etc. modem will
not work. Search on voip-info.org for X100P clone and read up on
which will work. A regular phone line will work just fine, though,
assuming that you get a way to interface it with your system:

Digium X100P
Digium TDM400P w/FXO Port
Digium TDM2400P w/FXO Port
ATA with FXO Port (Like Sipura SPA-3000)

Tom

Tom Rymes
Cascade Link Systems
www.cascadelinksystems.com
(603) 375-1414

"Intelligent technology solutions for small businesses."