[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Agents

Tom Rymes trymes at cascadelinksystems.com
Tue Nov 15 08:04:04 MST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 7:38 AM, <mbodbg at gmx.net> <mbodbg at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hallo all,
>
> I've a question regarding the agent concept of asterisk. If I login
> an agent
> (using AgentLogin), this agent is directly ready to receive calls.
>
>> From the most other ACD-systems I know that an agent first logs
>> into the
> system and then has to set himself ready to receive calls. So the most
> common agent states are login, ready, not ready, wrapup and logoff.
>
> How is ready/notready/wrapup implemented in asterisk?

Well, Asterisk 1.2 implements agent pause, so paused/unpaused would
correspond to not ready/ready.

Wrapup is handled as a fixed time in the the queue setup for
Asterisk. You define wrapuptime=xx as a number of seconds. Asterisk
then waits that long before considering the agent to be available.

Tom

Tom Rymes
Cascade Link Systems
www.cascadelinksystems.com
(603) 375-1414

"Intelligent technology solutions for small businesses."