[Asterisk-Users] Intel Desktop MotherBoards Unsuitable for DigiumBoards

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 07:54:47 MST 2005

Piotr A. Sygula wrote:

>Having an issue with shared interrupts with a setup with 3 TDM400P cards,
>and dealing with Digium support, I'd like to share with the list the fact
>that Digium claims the following:
>
>The following output from "lspci -vb" (shows IRQ from PCI-bus perspective,
>rather than the APIC perspective) shows one of your Digium cards sharing
>with another device on the system.
>
>0000:01:02.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
>Modem/ISDN interface
>        Subsystem: Unknown device b119:0003
>        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5
>        I/O ports at de00
>        Memory at feafe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
>        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
>0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller
>(rev 02)
>        Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 019d
>        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
>        I/O ports at efe0
>
>----
>
>I.e. although APIC is splitting up IRQ's rather nicely, the tech support guy
>is saying that it doesn't matter what the APIC layer says.  Would someone
>out there "break the tie"?  I'd like an educated opinion/statement on
>whether APIC support solves the IRQ sharing issue, or simply masks it.
>
>What this boils down to for me is an elemental issue; either the TDM400P
>cards are just flat out crap, and Digium is using any excuse in the book to
>keep saps like me hoping that the problem can be fixed by getting another
>motherboard, or, APIC shmapic, an IRQ sharing issue is an IRQ sharing issue.
>
>Anyone care to comment???

If what you say is true, then I'm hosed.  I've got six things sharing
IRQ 255 according to lspci -vb:

Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI
Controller #1
Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI
Controller #2
Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI
Controller #3
Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2 EHCI Controller
Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) SMBus Controller
Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface

Is this what is causing all my echo?

I'll try disabling USB in bios and see what happens.

Cheers,
Kevin