[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Multiple Line Appearance

Matt Hoskins matth at npgco.com
Tue Nov 15 07:18:39 MST 2005

Hello:

I'm currently using asterisk 1.0.7 with cisco 7960 SIP 7.5 phones.  I'd
like to use this phone for a receptionist so that she can take calls for
  4 other people.  Is this possible?

I tried setting buttons 2 - 5 to register with the extensions of the
people she'd be taking calls from, but then the other people couldn't
receive calls.  I'm assuming this is because only one phone can register
with the same extension.

I also tried ringing multiple channels with the extension, ie:

1234 => 1,Dial(SIP/1234&SIP/4321)

This led to the intended result (both phones rang), but it did not show
which extension was being called.  (IE: on the phone display, it should
that I was getting a call from 5551212, but did not say who 5551212 was
calling)

Is there any way to do this with SIP and the 7960?  I've seen the 7914
but then I'd have to use SCCP and I'm not sure if it is stable enough
for production use.

Thank you for your time,

Matt Hoskins