[Asterisk-Users] ISDN card required

David Waugh David.Waugh at eicon.com
Tue Nov 15 03:07:56 MST 2005

If you want to use a precompiled driver, then you need to download the one that matches your kernel version exactly. It is not a case of having to try different drivers to see which one works.

If you are in doubt, then download the source driver from the website. As long as you have the kernel build packages installed for your system, then it is just a case of running the ./Build command.

This will then build the driver for your specific kernel. Kernel 2.6.X is supported!!

Regarding spending days making the ISDN Line work with the card, it is first important to know about your settings of the line. Switch Type, Layer 2 connect mode, whether it is point-to-point or point-to-multipoint.

If you have a QSIG PBX, then there are also some additional parameters that you need to know.

Unfortunately, no card is clever enough to work out what sort of ISDN line you have connected. This information needs to come from the ISDN Line provider itself. I'm sure this is true for all ISDN cards.

As the eicon diva server card has a CAPI 2.0 compliant driver, then using the chan_capi from Sourceforge works.

Documentation on the card is provided by the Diva Server for Linux reference guide and assistance is also provided via the telephone support line.

In short, the Diva Server range of cards, works with Asterisk, works with Kernel 2.6.X as is well documented.