[Asterisk-Users] Alternative voiceprompts (new subject)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Nov 15 01:07:56 MST 2005

Andreas Sikkema wrote:
>>There should be other "voices" worth while...
>>
>>Give other people the chance....
>>The market is growing...
>>
>>Be open :)

Asterisk as a product is in no way closed to Allison's voice prompts.
If that was the case, it would be a serious roadblock for international
use.
There are plenty of Asterisk voice prompts in various languages
(and various qualities) out there.

> I'd _love_ a different voice for the default
> distribution. To my (European) ears Allison
> is practically incomprehensible.

I am sure that if you pay an artist to record all voice prompts and
donate them to the project - and keep them up to date by adding new ones
as needed - they will happily be included in the asterisk-sounds
distribution.

Allisons voice prompts included in the Asterisk distribution is more to
be seen as a sample of a full prompt set and something that is extremely
useful for US companies setting up an in-house PBX. If you set up a full
scale service provider, you will propably want your own voice prompts in
your own language.

/O