[Asterisk-Users] "open" asterisk?

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Nov 14 18:48:54 MST 2005

Guys, this arguing and choosing sides is starting to get a little like
American Hot Rod. If I wanted to listen to that nonsense I'd just tune it
in.

Code contribution is one thing, but by now I would think this bridge would
have been crossed with voice files. Sure Allison is probably cleaning up
doing a little bit here and there for anyone who needs something small
added to a stock setup, BUT, is this really practical for a business ?
There should be simple application that can be used to rerecord and
substitute all current voice files in a system.

There are plenty of ways a catalog could be kept of files and the exact
contents of them, including right in the files themselves. mpeg, and wav
files both provide a means for storing other information right in with the
audio, so why not use this ? Then a simple manager application could be
used to find all the files and generate a script to be used to recreate
them, a few auditioning and approval menu functions and then the ability
to replace the existing set with the new set all at once would make a
pretty complete and stand alone application.

No matter which telephony project is involved the voice content should not
hinge so directly on one person and whatever their allegences or other
problems might be.