[Asterisk-Users] "open" asterisk?

Jeffrey Macko jmacko at macko.net
Mon Nov 14 18:13:26 MST 2005

Waaaaaaaaaaaa

Differentiate or die.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Roy Sigurd
Karlsbakk
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 6:38 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] "open" asterisk?

Hi

The latest new about the Open Source Asterisk PBX is now that mister
Spencer himself has forbidden Allison to work with any other open
source project than Asterisk. I don't know about the openness in such
an action. This sounds more like the ways Microsoft and other large
monopolists use to gain control over the market.

Is this really what the so-called "open" asterisk-makers Digium
should be doing? Is it only I, or is this just plain old monopolist
arrogance which should not combine with GPL?

Thanks for any input

roy
---

Below is a letter from Brian West to Allison about the subject
---

On 14. nov. 2005, at 20.05, Brian West wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Allison Smith <allison at theivrvoice.com>
>> Date: November 14, 2005 1:04:23 PM CST
>> To: Brian West <brian.west at mac.com>
>> Subject: Re: Prompts
>>
>> B:
>>
>> Just so we're clear: Mark left the decision up to me, and being an
>> ethical person, I decided I can't work for both of you. (Imagine
>> if I continued to work for you and never told Mark, and it got
>> back to him -- bad craziness. And karma! Don't even get me started
>> on that.) It kills me to turn work down, it pains me to not work
>> for you anymore, as you're a hoot and we get along great. However,
>> I have a long-standing relationship with Digium, they've been
>> incredibly good to me; so to me it's a no-brainer. It wouldn't be
>> a smart decision to keep both going.
>>
>> Sorry to leave you in a lurch! I'm sure you'll find some very
>> capable voice talent to take over, and I'm sure you'll be
>> successful at whatever you do.
>>
>> A.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: