[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Buddy Feature

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 17:01:16 MST 2005

harry gaillac wrote:

>you mean than when the status of your subscribers
>change they are notified
>busy, away, ...
>
>harry

Yes.  When an extension is in use, the light on the receptionist phone
next to the speed dial position holding that buddy lights up and the
buddy icon changes to a "do not enter" sign...I assume that's busy.

I haven't played with setting a subsribed phone's buddy status to "away"
or something and seeing what the receptionist phone does.

However, it doesn't work consistently.  Sometimes it does, and sometimes
it doesn't.  There's a thread on the asterisk-dev list titled
"chan_exosip2" where I am discussing my problems with Olle.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Optimacy Communications, LLC