[Asterisk-Users] Media gateway recommendations?

Dustin Wenz dwenz at iscompanies.com
Mon Nov 14 15:20:41 MST 2005

The Zultys system, on it's own, is actually pretty decent. Managing
the thing is annoying though (requires a proprietary Windows app).
With Asterisk I can SSH in from anywhere, or use one of the HTTP
modules.

It's also difficult to get anything but Zultys-branded phones to work
well (or at all) with it. Their support is only as good as the VAR,
and from what I've seen they also have trouble getting useful
information from the Zultys techs. Even if we build our own PBX with
Asterisk, at least I have the list and newsgroups to search or
discuss things with. If people out there are really using Zultys
stuff, they must not like to talk about it much, because searching
google never seems to help.

     - .Dustin Wenz