[Asterisk-Users] Maximum Number of SIP Phones Supported By Asterisk

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Nov 14 08:15:27 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 06:53 -0800, nr k wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can anybody tell me the maximum number of SIP Phones
> supported by Asterisk.

If I run asterisk on my ipaq not very many.  If I run it on a real
server many many more.

Your question cant really be answered with the information you have
provided.  It can only be answered in context.

What hardware?

What codecs?

Any translations (from one medium/codec to another)?

What applications are used (AGI, conferences, voicemail, etc)?

Is the asterisk server actually pushing the bits for a call or just
doing call setup and connecting the two endpoints directly?

These are the very minimum questions you have to answer before your
question can be answered.  There are a few other things that can go into
it, but those will help you better define for a rough idea ...  And
based on the answers to those questions there may be more questions.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378