[Asterisk-Users] IAXy echo?

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Mon Nov 14 06:21:43 MST 2005

I've got two customers on the same broadband provider.  Same Asterisk box on my end.  Same CLEC.

One has an IAXy and the other has an Asterisk box with an array of devices (Grandstream, Cisco, ATCOM, xten, etc.).

The people behind the Asterisk box have had no audio quality issues.  The person with the IAXy often encounters an echo.  The echo is only heard on the remote side and it only contains the remote caller's voice.  This echo has been heard with the remote side being varying LECs.  The echo is not always there.  I'd almost say that the echo is not there more than it is.

Troubleshooting next step?

I haven't changed out the IAXy because I don't have any other ATAs to put in place.

----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com