[Asterisk-Users] newbie question regarding asterisk

Markos Paraskevopulos markos at atlas.cz
Mon Nov 14 04:21:04 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm new to VoIP and despite a lot of reading, I'm kind of more confused than
before.

I have following question - we currently have hardware Alcatel PBX and
approx. 50 phones in the company. I was wondering if we would need to change
the phone service provider, because they don't provide VoIP services if we
were about to switch to Asterisk instead of the Alcatel PBX?

Or can Asterisk maintain current functionality plus adding VoIP by simply
switching the alcatel pbx for Asterisk server?

I hope I'm making at least a bit of sense.

Thanks in advance for help

Confused

Markos