[Asterisk-Users] Play message and dial extensions simultaneously

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun Nov 13 22:44:59 MST 2005

Hugh Jackman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please forgive my ignorance.. Could you please elaborate more on the
> "raw music on hold"? Is that a MOH class or something else? How do we
> configure it?

In musiconhold.conf (in /etc/asterisk usually) you would put:

default => /var/lib/asterisk/moh-native,r

And then fill that directory with the files.  That way the default music on
hold will be native files.

You can test with an extension like:

exten => 511,1,Answer()
exten => 511,2,MusicOnHold()

> Just in case my previous questions migh have been misleading... I'd
> like to know if is possible to play a MOH file from the beginning (not
> from the middle of it) for each and every incoming calls.

Correct.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell