[Asterisk-Users] Notices at beginning of call

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Sun Nov 13 18:19:49 MST 2005

I get 8 to 12 of these messages at the beginning of a call to a Cisco
7940 SIP phone:

Nov 13 17:27:56 NOTICE[27203]: rtp.c:1146 ast_rtp_raw_write: RTP
Transmission error to 192.168.1.254:32472: Operation not permitted

Other than these messages, the call proceeds normally.

 From the code I see Asterisk is attempting to send DTMF digits.

In SIPDefault.cnf I have "dtmf_inband: 1"

In sip.conf I have tried "dtmfmode=rfc2833", "dtmfmode=inband", and
"dtmfmode=info".

Asterisk 1.0.7.

What is confusing is that these messages started appearing this past
week with no apparent changes to the configs.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

--
Michael Welter